Complaints about HCC
We welcome your feedback.
If you are unhappy with the way we handled your complaint about a health service provider under the Health Complaints Act 2016.
If you are unhappy with the way we handled your complaint about a health service provider, please speak to the officer handling the matter as a first step. We will listen to your feedback, and, where possible, use it to improve our service.
If we cannot resolve your concerns we will inform you of your appeal rights which may include an internal review
You can request an internal review of a decision we have made if it relates to:
- our jurisdiction;
- the age of your complaint;
- a decision that we will not conduct an investigation;
- any other ground for not dealing with your complaint.
Your request for an internal review must be made online using our enquiry form or in writing and must be made within three months of the date we informed you of our decision.
- In some cases we might decide not to conduct an internal review, for example if we consider your request lacks merit or is out of time. If we decide not to conduct an internal review we will inform you of that decision within 21 days of your request.
- An internal review will be carried out by a different staff member than the person who made the original decision.
We will aim to complete the review within 30 days of your request. If we require more time we will let you know.
If our review identifies that we made an error, we will apologise for our mistake and take any further steps required by the outcome of our review.
The Victorian Ombudsman
You can complain to the Victorian Ombudsman at any time about our handling of your complaint. You can contact the Ombudsman online or by calling (03) 9613 6222 or 1800 806 314 (regional only).
If you are concerned about the way we have handled your personal information
If you are concerned about the way we have handled your personal information, please speak to the officer handling the matter as a first step.
If we cannot resolve your concerns you can lodge a complaint with the Office of the Victorian Information Commissioner either online or by calling 1300 006 842.